Blogging Blueprint 101 by Aff Moma
With that monetization in place and your brand on-point, all that’s left to do is to keep on posting content and keep on promoting your site. We’ve seen how to do this but let’s just recap the most important steps to get up and running and then to keep it growing.
Getting Up and Running
- Choose your niche – Pick something you’re passionate about and then carve a niche within that
- Create a brand – Know what your blog is ‘about’ and what your ‘mission’ is. Know your target audience.
- Create a logo – This should speak perfectly to the topic of your blog.
- Create your site – Use WordPress, make sure it is as professional as your top competition. Install the recommended plugins and customize your theme.
- Get on social media and YouTube – Make sure your branding is consistent across all these channels.
- Invest in yourself, make sure you embody your brand
Keeping it Growing
- Aim to post at least 3 x 700+ word blog posts and 1 x 1,500+ word blog post per week (more is better!)
- Post to Twitter, Facebook and Instagram at least twice daily, ideally more frequently
- Ensure synergy between those three channels and your blog
- Post 1x new YouTube video every week
- Create 2x new guest posts per month/influencer marketing opportunities
- Attend blogging networks
- Post to communities and forums in your niche
- Be an active member of those communities
- Answer your fan mail and comments – look after your followers!
Keep this up and make sure that you really love what you’re doing and that your content is really unique and you’ll be well on your way to being a top blogger.
Soon, you’ll be earning money while you sleep all for doing something that you are absolutely passionate about!
The single most important part of all of this? Write about your passion and do it in a way that is honest and exciting. That is the ONE thing that all top blogs have in common. This is not something you can hack or cheat at.
And anyway, why would you want to?
Choose The Right Platform
Find The Perfect Domain name
Choosing The Right Hosting is Very Important
Always Keep Regular Backups
Setup Google Analytics from Day 1
Setup a Professional Branded Email Address
Start Building an Email List Right Away
Setup Unique Contact Forms for Each Use Case
Pay Attention to Image Copyrights and Licenses
Onsite SEO Optimization is Important for Growth
Keyword Research is VERY Important
Catchy Headlines are important for Social and SEO
Repurposing Content is a Secret Weapon for Expert Bloggers
Videos are a Great Way to Boost Engagement and Stand Out from the Crowd
You can Re-share Old Posts to Boost Traffic
Diversify Your Income Stream
Consistency is Key
Streamline a Flow for Storing Your Blog Post Ideas
Setup a Place to Manage All Your Passwords
Connect Multiple Emails with Your Gravatar
Comment on Other Blogs and Networks to Grow Your Brand
About Page and Start Here Pages Are Very Important
Social Media is Important But Always Remember It’s Rented Land
Start Building Brand Recognition
Leverage Social Proof When You Can
Website Speed is Very Important
Content Upgrades and Exit Popups are Magic
Ignore Haters and Turn-off Distractions
Don’t Obsess Over Perfection
Always Use the Best Tools to Get Ahead
1. Get Organized or Go Broke! (Free Downloads)
2. Invest More in Your Blog (3 Investments to Consider)
3. Understand That Blogging is an A to Z Thing
4. Collect More Emails, NOW!
5. Facts Tell and Stories SELL
6. Don’t Pretend to Be the Expert. Become the Expert.
7. Keep Your Blog Design Clean and Professional
8. Traffic > Monetization – in the Beginning
9. Master ONE Source of Traffic Before Moving on to Another
10. Add These Free Blogging Tools to Your Arsenal (1 Hour)
11. Stop Fearing Failure and Learn to Embrace It
12. Make Sure Your Blog is Mobile-Friendly
13. Successful Blogger = Successful Marketer
14. Focus on Selling High-Priced Products
15. Create a Serious ‘About Me’ Page
16. Your Blog Isn’t About You (80/20 Rule)
17. Shut Up and Blog Already!